Dreamfields Pasta loves to share new and delicious recipes for our fans to try! Cooking low carb is one of our specialties. Search the best low carb recipes and rate your favorites at: http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/healthy-pasta-recipes.html.
The combination of delicious pasta and pork tenderloin is phenomenal!
Asian Pork & Pasta
From the kitchen of Dreamfields Pasta
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
1/2 box Dreamfields Angel Hair
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, green part only
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 cup reduced-sodium, fat free chicken broth, vegetable broth or white wine
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), trimmed
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons shredded fresh ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons olive or peanut oil
1 cup snow peas, strings removed
1 cup bell pepper strips (about 1/4 inch thick)
1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pan. Toss with green onions and sesame oil; set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together broth and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved. Stir in 1 teaspoon soy sauce; set aside.
- Cut pork into 1/4-inch thick slices. In small bowl, stir together hoisin sauce, shredded ginger, garlic and remaining 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Add pork; stir to coat completely. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add snow peas; cook and stir 1 minute. Add bell pepper and carrots; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add half of pork to same skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes, just until cooked through. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining pork. (If pork is sticking to pan, add additional oil, 1 teaspoon at a time.) Return cooked pork to skillet. Stir cornstarch mixture to combine. Add to pork. Cook and stir until thickened and clear. Return vegetables to skillet and heat through.
- Serve pork and vegetables over pasta.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Nutrition information (1/4 of recipe): 390 calories; 30 g protein; 47 g carbohydrates; 10 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 61 mg cholesterol; 363 mg sodium; 7 g total dietary fiber.